My first entry but not my first dive.

Well, I thought I should really start tracking my dives again, especially if one day I want to get my Dive Master certificate so I can live on a tropical island and take tourists out diving every day. I was doing quite well logging all my dives, and I got up to seventy dives before I lost my Log Book (lost on a cargo ship somewhere over the Pacific). Since then I have done another five dives (which I have updated here), and the actual first dive I have logged here after starting this onlne dive log is Dive #76. Based on photos and other dive peoples dive logs (and memories), I have been able to relog dives from #59 onwards.
Just to give a brief summary of the diving I have done to date and the dive experience I have, I'll give a very short report on my diving history. Christine and I received both our Open Water (PADI - 0302A42619) and our Advanced (PADI - 0302A43346) certification on the Great Barrier Reef while on a six day live-aboard. We have also spent 10 days diving in Fiji as well as a 6 day live-aboard in Thailand. I have also done multiple dives of the Wollongong coast (the most recent on my trip back home in August of 2009) at Pig and Toothbrush Islands as well as at the Gutter and Bushrangers Bay in the Bass Point area. I have also been diving up near South West Rocks (possibly the single greatest dive I have ever done... I just wish I had brought my camera on the second dive so everyone believes me when I say I saw lobsters as large as me!), down at Eden with the ANU dive club, and several more times on the Great Barrier Reef on two trips back to Cairns for physics conferences.
Since pictures speak a thousand words, here are some photos I have captured from previous dives:


Great Barrier Reef






Eden





South West Rocks




Fiji








Thailand






Green Island, Cairns
(actually this was just a snorkeling photo, but I really love this turtle)

No comments:

Post a Comment